Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ron 'Danger' Washington

Card Show Day!! It was fleeting but it was great while it was here. After finishing my rainsoaked, and eventually cancelled due to lightning, round of golf I made the trek to Jon's house and then together continued towards our destiny. Woodland Mall in Grand Rapids was the location of the card show. it was a small show (20-25 tables) but the vendors had the goods I just did not have the resources (aka Money). however, I was able to acquire a pretty awesome card. I have been scoping out these 'logoman patches' from last years' Topps ever since they came out. it was the right price and it was towards the end of our tour around the tables so I splurged and snatched it up for 10 bucks. My observations from watching them on ebay is they dont sell for less than 30-40 bucks, so I had to pick it up.
Check it out:
2010 Topps Logoman Patch Dan Haren #LM-100 Serial #'d 16/50. The MLB logo is just like the one on the back of the collar of all MLB jerseys. one of the coolest cards I now have. I just wish it was of a player that I actually collect. Thanks random vendor wearing a Mike Schmidt jersey for selling me this card.
On a great note lifetime Texas Ranger Michael Young acheived the 2000 hits mark this month. He is an underappreciated and super talented at whatever position he is placed. Gold Glove SS, who was booted over to 3B because of a young stud SS (who has greater range than Young but offensively challenged at times) and then in the offseason the Rangers managment goes and signs Adrian Beltre to play 3rd base.
       'thanks Michael Young for being amazing but we want to alienate you and leave you without        defensive position'- sincerely Texas Rangers management.
2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes Michael Young blue variation serial #'d /200
Well done Michael in thwarting the efforts of your bosses to derail your productivity, you are the toast of the town this month.
Recent Gems
DANGER!!! Danger on the field and in the dugout. That danger has a name...

 AND THAT NAME IS RON WASHINGTON!! Avery your eyes from the intense, steely gaze of Ron 'Danger' Washington, he holds to power to make the poor man rich and...
Pat I said AVERT YOUR EYES!! Pat never listens. He thinks just because he wears the tools of ignorance he can look wherever he wants. You have Got to be careful when you play against A Danger Washington team he does not play fair.
as I was saying, Ron Washington's gaze the power to cure illness and his hair holds the stuff that legends are made...
BOB ZUPCIC LOOK OUT!!!
 WOW! That was close. why are these guys not listening to me?!? Why do you think the Rangers have been untouchable in the west the last couple years? yeah, thats right there is Danger on the field and in the dugout. I fear that if I continue to talk about him these mid-1990's players wont make it off the field in one piece. They will need to avoid the lazer rocket-splosion eyes of Ron 'Danger' Washington. if they wish to return home to their wife and kids.
Heed this warning. Do not make eye contact with Ron Washington!! Don't even look in the dugout when he is present. Well its time to stop the Danger discussion before something worse happens. just look at Pat and Bob if you need the evidence of his destructive powers.
Thank you for checking out my latest installment and as always...
Peace and Baseball Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment