Sunday, May 13, 2012

2012 Bowman Review

Product: 2012 Bowman
Box Price:80-100$
Distribution: 24 Packs/Box  10 Cards/Pack
Hits: 1 Chrome Auto per Box

My Grade: A-  I have never really been a fan of Bowman sets because they include a large number of prospects that I have never heard of and will never hear of because they will never make it to the bigs. HOWEVER, With the great number of incoming premier prospects like Bryce Harper and Yu Darvish I decided to buy a couple 20$ blaster boxes and was really pleasantly surprised by the look and quality of the cards. Bowman has been doing the same thing for years which is the big reason I gave them such a high grade is because they are not trying to be something they are not. They do include a good number of parallel variations but this adds to the collectability of the base set. I feel like I have talked too much already. Pic time!

Pictured above is a look and the base cards in the 220 card set. I was pretty happy with the number of stars and up-and-coming prospects that I pulled from the boxes that I got. The base cards have a Beautiful design and make me want to build the entire set. 

This is a pretty cool insert/parallel that they do. Its called the 'International' variation and instead of the standard picture back ground the player featured on the card are depicted on top of the flag of the nation of origin.

Picture above are some of the parallel variations included in the set. top left are the retail Purple variations. these are all bowman 1st year cards and can only be found in retail rack packs.
Top right is the Orange parallel and is serial #'d /250
the bottom row are all base card Gold variations. The gold variations can be found one in every pack.

Pictured here are a couple examples of the Chrome Prospect cards included in every pack. There are refractor variations that are serial numbered from the standard refractor /500 and including color variations all the way down to the Superfractor that is numbered 1/1.

In one of the blaster boxes I was lucky enough to pull an autograph. The only way that this could be any better is if the signature was an on card auto. The whole sticker autograph is a little depressing but still cool when you get a chance to pull one.

This is one of the inserts that has been around for years now. It is the Bowman's Best inserts. These inserts have a great look and include both current stars and the stars of tomorrow.
This set has changed my perception of Bowman and I hope that they can keep this momentum going for the upcoming sets in coming years. This set is not too big (220) so it would be a pretty easy one to build including the chrome prospect inserts for a total of 440 cards. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope it provides you with valuable information in your collecting. Thanks again and as always.... Peace and Baseball cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment