Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2011 Bowman Platinum review

Bowman Platinum is my favorite somewhat affordable product of this baseball season thus far. I think they could include more that 4 cards per pack for the price but I am not complaining because it is a great product. my first experience with this product was 1 20$ blaster box (8 packs: 4 cards per pack) and 2 rack packs of 3 packs each (6 packs total) here is how it broke down. They started with making a beautiful looking base card and built the set from there. Pictured below are a few base cards that I pulled from my first blaster box.

This set is not inundated with pointless insert sets that take away from the simplicity of the set. The insert set that is present is the 'Bowman Platinum Porspects" set of 100 cards and each of those has different colored refractors as well. pictured below is a purple refractor parallel of the Manny Machado Bowman Platinum Prospects card.
There are parallels and refractors of each card which makes the smaller sized base set of 100 cards adaptable. here are a couple examples of the parallel/refractors you can get out of this set.
the pick below is a few 'Xfractors' which have a really cool checkerboard like rainbow finish.
 The pick below is a few of the Green parallel and if you notice the Platinum Prospect green parallel on the far right is serial #'d /599. which is another appealing aspect to these cards.
These are just a few of the parallels and refractors and I have not been able to pull an autograph or a game used card yet but I have checked them out on Ebay and they look great. If you have a chance to check out this set I highly recommend it. The packs are light on the amount of cards but the cards that you get are a great design and you have a chance at getting some really nice cards of your favorite superstars. Thanks for reading my latest review and as always... Peace and Baseball cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment