Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Addiction of Blogimir Blogrerro

Hello everyone. My name is Blogimir Blogrerro, and I addicted to collectible sports cards.
The addiction that I suffer from is referred to by professionals as Cardology Baseballus (Baseball card addiction). It began at an early age when my father would buy a couple packs of cards at the store and we would each open a pack and 'battle' to see who got the best players from their respective packs. seems innocent enough right? WRONG!! This periodical .99 cent gamble on a pack cards trying to locate that one superstar or favorite player eventually turned into a childhood hobby, and after a few years of being an avid collector this childish industry would not relent and has since become quite a obsession, and as a 27 year old man still living at home working my way through my 15th year of college its more present than ever. ITS LIKE THESE CARDS ARE LACED WITH CRACK!! Had my father known the fire he had lit in his 5 year old baseball obsessed son he might have redirected my vision while standing in the check lanes at the super market. 20+ years later, a massive space consuming collection occupies most open spaces in my room and office. but one positive thing is that I now have something to blog about.
The aim of these writings are not to place blame on the card companies for my addiction... ahem TOPPS!! but to use my card knowledge in a positive manner and educate and showcase the new sets that are released, as well as highlight some of the amazing or classic cards that I pull, and even better the ridiculous/hilarious cards I may come across in my tradings and purchases. i.e. any card from the 1990 Fleer set. one of the main goals of this blog will be to peak interests in collecting. Questions, observations, and additions from the readers are more than welcome and will only add to the success of this blog. I will do my best to update at least on a weekly basis if not more fequently. Until then check out the most recent 'hits' I have pulled over the last couple months.

Recent Gems:
1. 2010 Topps Update Adrian Gonzalez All Star Stitches relic/auto serial #'d /25. No pricing due to scarcity. pulled out of a pack I bought on ebay.
 2011 Topps Heritage Jackie Robinson Game Used Jersey card HAND SERIAL #'d 1/42!! best pull I have had in a very long time. I pulled this from a hobby pack of Heritage I got in a combination box at Target
 2011 Topps Heritage Real One Autograph of Ed Bouchee. I pulled this out of a blaster box I got as a gift from Target.
Thanks for the time you have invested in reading about my suffering with Cardology Baseballus. Until next time... Peace and baseball cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment